Human Resources Generalist – Part Time
Culligan – Kaat’s Water Conditioning – Plymouth, WI
Summary/Objective The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, time & attendance, safety, worker’s compensation and payroll. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. The successful candidate must be sensitive to the needs of employees and utilize policies, rules and employment laws appropriately – for the good of all – not punitively.
- Builds relationships at all levels of the organization; treats everyone with courtesy and respect.
- Performs recruiting functions such as posting jobs internally and externally, as well as screening job applicants.
- Facilitates onboarding and off-boarding functions of all employees
- Assists in conducting training programs for employees.
- Conducts orientation and follows up on issues and questions for new employees.
- Processes payroll by managing time and attendance records; maintaining employee data; setting up new pay codes with payroll vendor, responding to employee inquiries; auditing payroll; rectifying discrepancies.
- Attention to detail and a high level of confidentiality
- Good basic problem-solving ability – able to reason and use common sense in approaching situations.
- Maintains accurate payroll records and implements new processes to improve productivity.
- Trains new employees on time and attendance system.
- Maintains and coordinates service awards, retirements and special events.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Communicates with department heads, employees and carriers to ensure compliance with COBRA, Worker’s Compensation, and other benefits.
- Maintains Worker’s Compensation active and inactive.
- Assist supervisors with development and discipline of employees.
- Other duties as required
- Team Player.
- Respect for the Individual.
- Ethical Practice.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
Work Environment / Travel Will have your own office with a window – travel is limited to 1-2 times per year if needed to visit our other locations in WI.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must be willing to help others.
- Must have experience with computer software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ADP Payroll
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree
- Experience in Organizational Development.
- Human Resource Experience
- Payroll Processing
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants that apply for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Office Experience