According to our recent survey, the top two reasons folks from Southeast and Midwest Wisconsin are searching for water treatment solutions are they’re concerned about contaminants in their water and hard water buildup.Kaat's Culligan offers free water testing so you:
- Know what’s in the water you use for drinking, cooking and bathing
- Know what type of treatment will provide you with healthy, great-tasting water
- How hard your water is so you know the best options for treatment
There are three common types of water problems that can be detected and addressed with a free water test:
Terrible TasteLet’s be honest. The water in South Florida can taste horrible. Between heavy chlorination and the miles of pipe city water must travel through before reaching your home, you think you’re drinking from a pool instead of your faucet. The rocks & minerals the water has dissolved can cause well water to taste metallic and gritty. Water testing lets you know what’s causing the distaste regardless of your water supply.
Hard WaterHard water causes spots on glassware & shower doors, corrodes water-using appliances, and makes your hair and skin dry and brittle. Depending on the hardness of your water, the size of your home, and your family’s water consumtion, there are a variety of treatment options. A water test will provide you the information you need to find the right size solution for your home and budget.
Drinking Water ContaminationRegardless of whether you’re on city water or well water, contamination can be a real concern. We can test for many common contaminants on-site or you can have your water analyzed at our nationally accredited laboratory. From arsenic to nitrates, organics to heavy metals, our lab has the ability to tell you what’s in your water AND let you know by what percentage certain treatment options can improve your water.
Culligan offers a variety of ways to get your water tested:
- Bring a sample of your water in to our office in a clean water bottle.
- Call or fill out the form below to have a sample collected for you and we’ll call you with the results.
- Have your water tested on-site by a skilled professional water expert who can also provide with solution options.
- If you’d like a detailed analysis ask us to collect a sample of your water to send to our national lab for testing.
It’s much cheaper for us to test your water and give you the proper equipment the first time compared to if we had to go back to correct it. The loss not only in our time and labor, but in goodwill, would far outweigh our costs involved with a water test in your home.
With the Do-It-Yourself mentality in most areas, if we started charging for a water test, we fear that too many people would get caught going with an ineffective solution that doesn’t fully take care of their needs. After all what good is water treatment if it isn’t designed to handle YOUR water?